Welcome!

Far from what I once was, but not yet what I'm going to be

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Beautiful People

I've been thinking a lot lately about what makes a person beautiful. Outward beauty is so important in our society. It irritates me that people can be so beautiful on the outside and so ugly on the inside, and all people seem to care about is the outward appearance.

Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

I have been trying to evaluate myself. Asking myself if I am beautiful on the inside. I think there are definitely things I can work on, but overall, I'm proud of who I am.

I think what makes me beautiful on the inside is the Lord. Which reminds me of this song...


The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people don't just happen.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment