Welcome!

Far from what I once was, but not yet what I'm going to be

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

L-O-V-E

Lately, I've found myself having to explain love to quite a few people. Not saying I know everything there is to know about it - because I DON'T! But there are little things about it that I know and feel that others should know as well.

For example, I know that when I was trying to find love, I couldn't. It wasn't until I completely gave it over to God and said, "Lord, I'm trusting you completely with this." And when I stopped trying to find love for myself, He brought it right to me.
"A woman's heart must be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him to find her."

Those are definitely some words to live by if you ask me!

I think a big problem today when it comes to love is that people have this idea in their mind that "THE ONE" is out there and that he or she will be PERFECT. But perfect doesn't exist. I found some very wise words that I whole-heartedly agree with on this particular subject . . .

"Love is not just about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning, but how much love you build till the end."

So beautifully written. And oh so wise.

I think people also get so caught up in their "first love" that they refuse to see the flaws and problems in their relationship. But . . .

"Being someone's first love may be great, but to be their last is beyond perfect."

And I think that's what we all should strive for. Not to be someone's first love - but to be their last.

I am a firm believer in that you have to be happy and you have to feel whole and be content when you're single before you can get yourself into a relationship. If you can't be happy and feel whole by yourself, you're just going to bring a lot of baggage and lot of issues into a relationship. You're not ready to be with someone else, until you can be by yourself - and be okay with it!

So often girls feel like this . . .
Not pretty enough
Not talented enough
Not smart enough
Not good enough
NOT ENOUGH
But you can't be in a relationship
until you realize this . . .
And believe it with all that is in you

And to wrap it all up, a lovely quote from Winnie the Pooh,
"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you."

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. You are indeed Growing in Wisdom and Love! It is a great blessing to see your heart and your faith in action. You are a MMPGFG and ILYVM!

    ReplyDelete