Welcome!

Far from what I once was, but not yet what I'm going to be

Monday, December 5, 2011

Prayer

So yesterday morning in church, we learned about the power of prayer. I learned so much! It was such a great message about how EVERY prayer is answered. Always. Maybe not the answer you were hoping for, but it gets answered. Or maybe now is not the right time, but in His time, He makes all things beautiful and perfect. So sometimes the answer is "wait."

One point that Pastor Kent made that hit me hard was that in James, when he talks about prayer, he simply says "have faith." He doesn't say you need great faith, or super-human faith, or extreme faith... He simply says you must have faith.

FAITH. It doesn't make things easy, it makes them possible.

I loved this message.

And I got to thinking about what I had prayed about in the past week. And the one thing that stuck out in my mind was that I prayed "Lord, break my heart for what breaks Yours." Eight small, simple words. But such power behind those words.

And today, my heart was truly broken. And I KNOW His heart breaks for the same reason.

 Watch this...

This video is so difficult to watch. The pain. The anguish. The sorrow. The depression. The hate. THE BROKENNESS.

This clearly breaks His heart. And I know it breaks mine as well.

THINK before you speak!

Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment