Welcome!

Far from what I once was, but not yet what I'm going to be

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Where my Heart is

I came across a quote the other day that said "If you want to know where your heart is, look where your mind goes when it wanders." I think that's a great quote and it's really powerful when you think about it. It's so true that our heart is where our mind is.

So I have really thought about "Where is my heart?" I so long for it to be with Christ. I so long for my heart to be filled with the awe and wonder of my Lord and Savior.

Well since I came across that quote, I've been examining myself. Catching myself when my mind starts to wander. And where has my mind been? STREETLIGHT

I have a huge heart for StreetLight USA and am a proud partner of this incredible organization and ministry. Streetlight is dedicated to eradicating child sex slavery in our city, and our nation.

What most people don't know is that the number one country for human trafficking, is the United States. That blew me away. It's so typical for us to think "Well, yeah it happens in other countries like Cambodia, but not HERE, not in my country..." Another thing most people don't know is that girls are being kidnapped and forced into the human trafficking industry.

Wanna know another fact that's going to blow your mind? The average age of a girl being kidnapped and forced into prostitution is 13 years old. THIRTEEN. That doesn't mean that's the youngest girl out there, that's the AVERAGE. There are girls that are 8, 9, and 10 out there.

CHILD RAPE FOR PROFIT.

This is something that bothers me. It just doesn't sit well with me. And it shouldn't! This is an issue that should bother each and every one of us. But a lot of people just don't know! They don't know the facts. And one of StreetLight's goals is to educate people on what is going on in our backyards.


StreetLight is an organization that is solely devoted to these precious girls that are having this crime against humanity brought upon them. StreetLight is a safehouse for the girls that our vice squad rescues from the terrible life of prostitution. StreetLight houses these girls and gives them the counseling and emotional help they need.

I hope this lights a fire in you to get involved. To help support us at StreetLight! We are in the middle of launching a national campaign called Campaign 13.

Campaign 13 is all about raising awareness and raising support for StreetLight USA.

The thirteenth amendment to the Constitution abolished slavery, yet we still have slavery in our country. Sex slavery. Of CHILDREN. The average age, as I mentioned, is 13 years old for a girl to be captured and forced into this terrible life. We ask that people would be willing to fight the fight with us. To stand up and become modern day abolitionists to abolish this form of slavery in our societies.

Click here to find out what else you can do to get involved!

I will definitely be posting more about StreetLight in the future. I hope this breaks your heart like I know it breaks mine and I know it breaks the Lord's. Stand up and fight this heinous crime against humanity.

Become a Modern-day Abolitionist.

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Great blog, Cara!
    Did you know that Jon Yee occasionally - once a month at least - leads worship at our church?!? LSA (living streams arcadia) Sundays at 5:05 ;)
    Would be awesome to see y'all there!
    xo
    heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather!
    Oh that is so awesome! I know the drummer, but not Jon Yee. Definitely want to try LSA sometime! ;)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is heartbreaking! I will be praying for you and the ministry.
    xox

    ReplyDelete