Welcome!

Far from what I once was, but not yet what I'm going to be

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Words of Wisdom

So I stumbled upon a beautiful quote today. It said "I can't brag about my love for God because I fail Him daily. But I can brag about His love for me because it never fails." I pretty much think this is the greatest thing ever.  Because it's SO TRUE!

And it got me to thinking about how even though there will never be a day on this earth that I am perfect, that doesn't mean I shouldn't strive to be like Christ. I want to be like Him. In every way possible. And these are some things I can work on to be more like Him.

  • Forgive them even when they are not sorry
  • Love them when they least deserve it, because that's when they really need it
  • Live simply. Expect little. Give much. Love extravagantly.
  • Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts
  • Let my faith be bigger than my fear
  • Realize that when I am down to nothing, God is up to something
  • Let my past make me better not bitter

None of these things are easy. And they never will be. But I yearn to be a woman of God. Nothing worthwhile in life is easy. It's always going to be really hard. And I'm going to have to work at it every day. But it's the LEAST I can do. God sent His ONLY son to die for me. Little, insignificant me. I can't even begin to fathom that sacrifice. The pain.

Just think... You are loved more than you will ever know by someone who died to know you. That's some deep and powerful stuff right there.

Daily Reminder: Don't forget to pray today, because God didn't forget to wake you up.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment