Welcome!

Far from what I once was, but not yet what I'm going to be

Monday, January 9, 2012

Life. Love. Happiness.

Recently, I have been reminded just how precious and just how fragile life can be. It's caused me to do a lot of reflecting on myself and on my life. My relationships and everything that I am and everything that I have.

It's crazy to think that in an instant, it could all end for me. In the blink of an eye, I could be gone.

As I was reflecting on these things and examining myself and life in general, I came across a quote that so beautifully describes what I want my life to be. . .

"Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don't strive to make your presence noticed,
just make your absence felt."

I want this to be a mission statement of my life. Instead of being concerned and caught up in what others think of me, I want to live for an audience of one and live a full life. I want to touch as many lives as possible. And like the last sentence of the quote says, "don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt."

I'm not the most outgoing person and I don't really like being the center of attention. I don't fight to make my presence noticed. But I pray that when I'm gone, my absence is felt.

Another quote I came across is another description of what I want my life to be. . .

"Do all the good you can,
by all the means you can,
in all the ways you can,
in all the places you can,
to all the people you can,
as long as you can."

I pray that I live this out each and every day. And not take a single moment, a single experience, relationship or person for granted.

And lastly, I pray that I never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.

XOXO

2 comments: