Welcome!

Far from what I once was, but not yet what I'm going to be

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Grand Canyon University


Math 250.
This semester, many of you know, math is kicking my butt. College Algebra and Trigonometry. Doesn't sound that hard right? Oh, and to top it all off, it's an ONLINE class! The first three weeks were pure torture! But week four was good to me. It is now week five and I'm doing pretty well, but can't wait to be done in two weeks. My life will be so much simpler! So much more relaxed. And so much better! It's a wonderful thought knowing that in two more weeks, I will be done with math FOREVER. And I won't miss it one bit!!

BIO 205.
You may also know that I am taking Microbiology this semester. It is an eight week class, which means it's a whole lot of information in a very short time! But I live for it :) The eight week classes are awesome and I wouldn't want it any other way! I definitely had a rough start to this course, but last week got a 97 on my exam! YAY! So excited!! My teacher is the wonderful Dr. Mike Collins. He is amazing and such a good teacher!

CWV 101.
I am also taking Christian Worldview this semester. It's been really cool learning about all the other worldviews out there and also helping reinforce my own beliefs. I've learned so much already!! And we've still got 11 weeks to go. I'm excited to see what other material we cover and what the Lord will reveal to me the rest of the semester in this class.


Chapel.
We have chapel on Mondays. I love chapel. Every week is so good! I love the worship. I love the speakers. I love the topics. I love it. I love it. I love it. It's really cool having someone new speak each week. Keeps things new, fresh and exciting. The theme for this year is "Love God. Love Others." And of course as I'm sure you've seen on the GCU commercials "Find your purpose." And my chapel experiences have all been so wonderful and enjoyable!

The Gathering.
Tuesday nights we have what is called The Gathering. And this, is my favorite part of GCU. The Gathering is like chapel, but somehow it's SO MUCH BETTER every single time. I have learned and grown so much through going to The Gathering this year and it's been so fulfilling and challenging. I've really felt the Lord tugging on my heart to go to Africa and lately the messages at The Gathering have been about missions and letting God take you out of your comfort zone. So cool how the message sometimes feels directed at me!

Prescott Hall.
I have been blessed by living in the newest dorm at Grand Canyon, Prescott Hall. It's truly the nicest dorm I've EVER seen at ANY college campus. We are spoiled! I live on the fourth floor and the theme of our floor is Philia. A sisterly love. I have fallen in love with the girls on my floor and developed some really great friendships!!

Go Lopes.
I couldn't be more happy about where I landed for college. The Lord definitely knows what He is doing!! You see, Grand Canyon was literally the last place on the planet I wanted to end up. I was dead set on Pepperdine University in Malibu, CA or Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, TX. And I was a little disappointed when I felt the Lord telling me to just stay put in Phoenix, AZ. But I trusted He would do great things. AND HE HAS. Going to Grand Canyon has helped me build such incredible relationships with YOU!! Thank you for being such a big part of my life this past year :)

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Cara! College is a great time, enjoy! Sorry math has to be such a wiener. Stupid math. But ... um... I'm guessing you'll need it?!? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'd just like to ask what made you choose the grand canyon college over the others?

    ReplyDelete