Welcome!

Far from what I once was, but not yet what I'm going to be

Monday, March 5, 2012

A Whole New World

Last week was finals week and I made it out alive! With a 98% on my Microbiology final I might add ;) I had some great times in that class and I was sad to see it go!

And today, marked a set of new classes! Well, in my case, one new class. Genetics. YIKES. Not my favorite subject, that's for sure. But I feel well prepared for this class because of the awesome teaching I had in high school from the infamous Mr. Wolfe. I learned more from him than I did from all my other high school teachers combined! All the hard work in his class is now paying off because today when my genetics teacher, Dr. Sherlin Moses, went over what we will be learning in the course, I already knew a good portion of it! PHEW!

But I know these next eight weeks will have their challenges. Genetics is a whole new world! It isn't an easy course - no matter how much I think I know already. It's a long class! Monday Wednesday Friday 8:20am-10:30. It's a struggle keeping my brain focused! But I know I can do it :)

I'm excited to see what genetics will teach me and I'm even more excited to be one step closer to my dream job - a PA working in Pediatric Orthopedics.

In just eight short weeks, I will have completed my first year of college! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! A whole year! Already! It has flown by. And it has been in many ways the greatest year of my life. Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself. . . Eight weeks left till I can say these things.

Praying that the Lord will allow my little brain to retain and recall all the very detailed and specific information I will need to know all throughout these next eight weeks. I can see the finish line coming quickly! And I couldn't be happier than where I am :)

Here we go! Ready to learn. . .
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you too Cara. :) I wonder if you'll learn about "Galactosemia" at all since its a genetic disorder. Hmm . . .

    ReplyDelete