Welcome!

Far from what I once was, but not yet what I'm going to be

Friday, January 25, 2013

Even When The Skies Get Rough.

This post is a little continuation of the last. We all know I LOVE Jason Mraz. Yeah yeah yeah. And I'm sure we've all heard his hit single "I Won't Give Up" and you think "oh what a sweet, cute love song."

No.

It's so much more than that. HE'S so much more than a sappy love song writer. This man is real and raw and honest. I love how he pours his heart out describing the process of writing "I Won't Give Up."

He admits feeling alone and depressed, even though he's "got it all." He watched all of his dreams come true. He was catapulted into fame and fortune, success and the spotlight - but he's realized that's not what makes the heart happy.

Jason realizes there is SO much more to life than money and fame. He's real with his followers and admits to even considering taking his own life at one point. After understanding this is was not the answer, he traveled the world and truly lived life. He learned the meaning of family, love, happiness. He grew into a more spiritual person and has come to believe that there is a greater being out there looking over all of us.

He may not be a "Christian" but even he knows that this isn't all an accident. Even he knows that humans are designed to search the universe for someone or something to fill the void in our hearts that no amount of money or fame or success can fill.

This song means so much to me. When I listen to it, I don't think about Allie and Noah in "The Notebook" and dream of a love like that. No. I think about my life, my dreams, my relationship with the Lord and with dear friends. I WON'T GIVE UP. Not on life, not on my dreams, not on my relationship with the Lord, and not on relationships with dear friends.

Life gets hard. Things change. But love is a choice. You're not always "feelin it." You have to wake up each day and choose love. You have to know that love conquers. Love covers a multitude of sins. Love is not proud or rude. It does not envy or boast. Love is slow to anger. Love is forgiveness.

I choose to love you. For all that you are and all that you have been. I choose to love you despite your weaknesses, your flaws, your sin - past, present, and future.

I choose love.

And I will never give up on love. God has never given up on me. And He's never given up on you. He will never give up on you in the future. Even when the skies get rough, He's giving us all of His love. I want to emulate His love for me and pour it out onto others.

No, it's not always going to be easy. It's going to be really hard sometimes. You're going to get angry. You're going to get hurt. But only one thing can release you of that pain and anger - LOVE.

I'm a lover. And I will NEVER give up on love. I will NEVER give up on you.

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome Cara. Thank you for sharing your loving conviction!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that song. And now you've put a new perspective on it! I love it! Thanks Cara! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. During the silence while you are in Uganda, I am re-reading some of your older blog posts. This one is beautiful, insightful, encouraging, challenging and so YOU. I love you!

    ReplyDelete