Welcome!

Far from what I once was, but not yet what I'm going to be

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Beauty

I promised you more on my trip because the last post was just an intro. This post is dedicated to the natural beauty we saw all around us everywhere we went.

(Most of these photos taken by Ryan Brase)

The photos really don't do it justice. Guatemala is definitely the most beautiful place I have ever been. It's the poorest place as well. God is such an incredible artist. His creation in Guatemala is breathtaking. Stunning. Gorgeous. Tear-jerking. Heart wrenching. UNBELIEVABLE. You have no idea.


The clouds are coming!!


This is the biggest volcano in the country.
"The Handsome One"
Way out yonder is the ocean



This photo should really win an award or something. . .
Ryan is amazing with a camera.
This natural light is stunning.


Another volcano
Love what the black and white does to a photo
This shot is out of a window
of the church we built



Amazing








Went on a hike with a few peeps.
We found a waterfall!!
No  big deal.
The farming of corn and potatoes is a big deal in
Guatemala












My apologies for all the pictures beginning to look the same. Everything is so green and beautiful. So many gorgeous mountains. And the volcanoes! Oh so cool. The scenery of the trip didn't disappoint. There is beauty all around.

The next post will have more in depth, meaningful stories and memories in it. PREPARE ;)

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I am amazed by all of these photos! What a gorgeous place to visit...
    As a side note, somehow your blog got removed from my reading list and I haven't seen the past few posts! Gah!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a privilege to see such a beautiful part of creation! You took so great photos but I can't imagine how wonderful it must have been in person!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete